[3830] ARRL 160 K9MU Single Op LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 5 12:27:36 EST 2005

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K9MU
Operator(s): K9MU
Station: K9MU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 337  Sections = 68  Countries = 3  Total Score = 48,493

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

I was really pumped for this contest.
I put up a 160m inverted L last year but it fell down
this summer and for some reason developed a terrible SWR. I didn't
notice this until the start of the contest. Many hours were spent in
the dark Friday night trying to find the problem. I dropped the
horizontal portion down and sloped it in different directions. I
finally found a location were the IC-746 would tune it.

My original goal of 100 Q's got bumped up to 300 early in the contest.
I couldn't believe all the stuff I was working. I found VP2E right
away and worked 'em with one call! 6Y0A was also work with one call!
My first DXCC countries on top band! I missed most of the CA sections,
LA, WTX, PAC, AK, VI, and of course NT.

Highlights:
-Working VP2E, 6Y0A, and XE2TG
-Tons of MWA stations QRV
-Making my 300 Q goal w/ 68 sections

Lowlights:
-1150 AM broadcast site 1/4 mile from my house
-Inefficient L antenna
- Hearing NL7Z come back with K9MU? once while others kept calling
ver and over and over.... ughh

73 cu next weekend in ARRL 10M

Justin K9MU