[3830] ARRL 160 KU8E Single Op HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 5 12:53:20 EST 2005

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: KU8E
Operator(s): KU8E
Station: KU8E

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA

Total:  QSOs = 311  Sections = 63  Countries = 11  Total Score = 49,800

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

IC756PRO, AL811H - 500 watts , Inverted L Antenna

DX worked :
NA - 6Y, VP2E, KP2, KP4
SA - P4, PY
EU - DL, G, LA, OK, OM, ON, SM , YU

Also heard but didn't work : PAC, HA, SP, XE , VE6 , SCV, NV, SF

Sections Missed : NLI (!), LA, WTX,
LAX,ORG,SB,SCV,SDG,SF,SJV,EWA,NV,VE4,VE6,VE8,PAC,AK

Condx good Friday night but bad Saturday. The static became very bad around
0400Z Satuday when some rain moved into the area so I shut it down. My antenna
was a hastily put up inverted L. 50 ft vertical and 80 ft horizontal.  I added
some wire to  the current 80 inverted L I had up. It has 4 full size 130 ft
radials plus the two 80 meter radials I was using for that band. It is not a
perfect ground system but probably better than what most people would have on a
city lot with short radials. In the past I have put UNUN's my inverted L's but I
didn't have one built so the antenna is fed directly with RG213. Need to tune
the antenna properly before CQWW 160 and I'm sure it will work better.