[3830] ARRL 10 VA3DX SO CW LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 11 19:12:12 EST 2005

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: VA3DX
Operator(s): VA3DX
Station: VA3DX

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: ON

   CW:  356    69
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  356    69  Total Score = 100,100

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

I had very strong buzzing from the south-west and had to use my
noise blanker... signals were quite distorted and sometimes
very difficult to copy.

Worked K3VOA ( DC mult ) and he asked me to qsy to SSB..I went
and worked him for his new Mult... my only SSB qso...
I will submit CW only .... dont worry I will include his qso...

I heard but missed RI , PAC , ND  and Quebec ( VA2AM )
Never heard  SD  PEI  LAB  MB  NWT  YT  R1,2,3

Worked KO7X at 2143 gmt, went upstairs to get dinner, came back in
30 minutes and the band was dead... However while getting ready
to send this report in, there was Andy VE9DX , and I worked him at
23:59:40 gmt !!! Wow, that was cool , and he runs 30 watts to his
80 mtr antenna !!!

Going to go out noise sniffing tomorrow, with a new portable receiver
that goes up to 30 mhz..hopefully I can find the source.

Toughest qsos go to VE5UF and VE6TN and K3VOA ..struggled to copy them....
Worked 3 ZL's , 1 EA8 , and ZERO Europeans...

Lotsa fun tho..cu in the RAC Winter test .... Glenn VA3DX