[3830] ARRL 10 N5AW SO CW LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 11 21:05:40 EST 2005

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N5AW
Operator(s): N5AW
Station: N5AW

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: STX

   CW:  260    60
  SSB:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  260    60  Total Score = 62,400

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

With all the time spent in other contests this time of year and lots of social
committments I'm never able to make a serious entry in the ten meter contest.
However, it is always fun to get on for a few hours because of the high rates
achieveable for at least short bursts. I thought this year might disappoint but
not the case. Set a new personal stateside CW record for 10 minutes - 32 QSOs or
a 192/hour rate. Never operated a full hour so no chance to break my full hour
record of 160 set in the 2003 ten meter contest. Amazing what you can do after
things have been going for a while and you come on as "fresh meat"!

Another pleasant surprise was working LA9JM and OH2PM just after local noon
Sunday. That's two more Europeans than I worked (or heard) on ten in CQWW.

Station: Orion/100w, 4L SteppIR @ 40m, 4L CQ @ 15m