[3830] ARRL 10 K7RL SO SSB HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 11 23:50:51 EST 2005

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K7RL
Operator(s): K7RL
Station: K7RL

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH: Camano Island, WA

   CW:    0     0
  SSB: 1009    74
-------------------
Total: 1009    74  Total Score = 149,332

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Based on last year’s dismal conditions, I decided against a full-time effort
this year.  Sitting in front of a radio all weekend listening to static and ESP
level signals didn’t sound like much fun.  Seriously, how good could it be on
10m another year lower in the cycle?  Wow, was I wrong…

Starting the contest at 17:08z Saturday, I wasn’t expecting much.  Work some
locals and maybe a few LU’s or PY’s then call it a day.  By 22:00z, and 700+ q’s
in the log, my attitude changed considerably.  This is fun!

Unfortunately, I was only able to operate for a couple of hours Sunday morning
due to prior family commitments.  It’s a fair sacrifice given the other
contesting I do; but it still hurt leaving a roaring 10m band!

One note of interest was watching my spectrum scope at 18:00z Sunday morning go
from virtually nothing to a crowded band -- all in about 10 minutes.  Amazing.

Thanks to all for the q’s!  Happy Holidays!

73 de Mitch, K7RL