[3830] ARRL 10 W5IBM(K5PI) SO CW HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Dec 14 07:11:47 EST 2005

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W5IBM
Operator(s): K5PI
Station: W5IBM

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: TX

   CW:  326    37
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  326    37  Total Score = 52,160

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

A social commitment kept me from doing a full time effort, but I stopped by the
W5IBM station around noon on Saturday to work the Florida QSO Party – I mean,
the ARRL 10M Contest.  :-)

Conditions were *much* better than I expected.  There was an endless stream of
Floridians and other W4s and then the midwest started coming in, too.  The rate
was steady all afternoon and still cooking around 0000Z when I had to take off.
I kept the beam east almost the entire time.

The station played very well.  It’s a TS-940, Alpha 78, and once of the big
Force 12 tribanders.  The only down side was that there was no hookup for CW
keying from the computer.  So I programmed my CQ and exchange into the memory
keyer and sent the other stations’ calls by hand.