[3830] TBDC K1EP Single Op LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 18 10:47:30 EST 2005

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: K1EP
Operator(s): K1EP
Station: K1EP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EMA
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 263  Total Score = 1,638

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Can't say that the contest started off great, as I had to wait at least 5 hours
before making my first Q.  That is one of the interesting things about this
contest, it doesn't start with a bang, at least here in the US East coast.  I
did look around the band at noon to see if I could work someone and win a
plaque, but no one was around.  Eu seemed to be quiet, maybe they work each
other at the beginning and then go to sleep :)  RK1AM again was my best DX this
year, as he was last year.  Worked about a dozen Eu and a few Carib stations.
Didn't hear any OC or AF stations.  It was nice that OY1CT called me 1/2 hour
before his sunrise, I think that is a new one for me on 160.  I like this
contest and the unique scoring.  Even if you work a rare one for a lot of
points, you can still work someone else in the same town for the same amount of
points.