[3830] TBDC N2WN Single Op LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 19 11:24:23 EST 2005

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: N2WN
Operator(s): N2WN
Station: N2WN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EM86

Total:  QSOs = 299  Total Score = 1,832

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

N1MM shows 1832 QSO points, plus QRP stations  times 2, less busted, so score is
TBD. Had a weird ground loop present itself with the desktop computer and tuning
the vertical with the KAT100 (worked fine on all the other antennas!), found it
a half hour before I planned to start operating, temporary fix use the old
laptop! So no pre-contest nap, was burnt out by 2AM. C'est la guerre! Conditions
reminded me a bit of the ARRL 10M test, fast QSB at times. It was noisier at
this QTH than the first night of ARRL 160, but EU was much stronger at times.
UU4 was louder than any of the stateside folks at times, but wasn't hearing too
well. Heard KH6 in S&P, but never caught one. For some reason, was not able to
work FM or KP4, which are generally "easy" QSOs from here. NP4Z had a pileup
that made me think folks thought he was KP5! CO2JD was not sending grid numbers,
think he figured out it was a contest and went QRT. Both F5IN and F6IRA had nice
signals, ON4UN seemed down. Other DX included SO2R, SM5EDX, S57M, XE1KK, DL3DXX,
DJ0MDR, DL3DXX, OK1RI, P40TA, KV4FZ. From the postings on 3830, some really
decent QRP signals, worked some folks who were QRP that were quite strong. Love
the exchange, much more realistic than the fake "599". Thanks for all the QSOs
and Happy Holidays to all.  73, Julius