[3830] NCCC Sprint(12-30) N3BB LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Dec 29 23:32:04 EST 2005

                    NCCC Thursday Sprint (12-30)

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Austin, TX

---------------------
Total:  50     Mults = 12  Total Score = 600

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Man, it's so easy to get rusty on the Sprint.  I had forgotten some little
things in TR, and didn't get the rough edged out after it was over.  20 meters
was gone.  The whole thing here was on 40 and 80.  I didn't even check 160.

Started at 29 WPM but was slower then most, so ran at 32 WPM most of the way.

Worked (in order) TN, CA, SD, TX, WI, IN, AZ, ON, GA, LA, NV, and MA.

Most QSOs: K5OT (8), N6RO (7), K0EJ, WD0T, and W9RE (5)

Thanks to K5OT and KZ5D from "our gang" for getting on.

N6RO really took off on me the last ten minutes.  Great finish, Ken.  I didn't
have my "F7" inactive radio CQ timed correctly, and it ended after the QSO in
parallel with it, so I was cutting off the F7 CQs in the middle of my callsign.
In general I suffered serious rusty-liditis for sure.

Thanks to the NCCC for this.

There was some sort of QRS QRP fox hunt on 7042 as the NS started.  We probably
over ran them.  I tried to stay a little farther down (7035-7041) to avoid them.