[3830] NA Sprint SSB K0HW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 6 16:26:28 EST 2005

                    NA Sprint SSB Contest

Call: K0HW
Operator(s): K0HW
Station: K0HW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SD

   80:   57    1:25
   40:   45    1:20
   20:   45    1:15
---------------------

Team:

Comments:

Well some day I may catch on how to operate in the Sprints,
I thought my voice might not work after the first 10 hours
spent on the Minnesota QSO Party.  It worked fine but it
always takes me 2 hours to get up to speed on how to get it
done with the short exchange.  I had a hard time with Low
Power in that there were so many stations I was covered on
20 for the first 45 minutes.  I finally figured out to only
try on the stations that were calling CQ as they were more
likely to hear me.  It is very hard to hear if others QSL your
report when you are being called while they QSL it.  I finally
by the end of the contest figured if they didn't get it they would
stay and ask because SD is worth it for the multiplier.  I ended up
a few points and contacts short of last years February Sprint.

I will not be in the CW Sprint because the CQWW WPX RTTY is on at
the same time and I will be working it as well as other valentine
activities.

ICOM 756 PRO II, TH11DX, Dipoles and Writelog