[3830] NA Sprint SSB K6IF(@N6NF) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 6 21:44:38 EST 2005

                    NA Sprint SSB Contest

Call: K6IF
Operator(s): K6IF
Station: N6NF

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 3:03

   80:   91    1:20
   40:   77    1:01
   20:   67    0:42
---------------------

Team: NCCC #1

Comments:

Five ways to know that you won't be competive in this Sprint:

1) 53 Q's on 20 meters in the first 31 minutes, but only 67 total.
2) Two off-times totaling 57 minutes.  Wait, we aren't supposed to take offtime
in the Sprint, are we?
3) Twice as much operating time on 80 meters as on 20 meters.
4) Band with the most QSO's - 80 meters.
5) Only worked one MA station, and it was K1HT on 80 meters at the very end of
the contest.

Things started off great - really well.  I was right there with the other Nor.
Cal. stations for the first 30 minutes.  Then some weird loose connector/bad
relay intermittant opened the antennas line and kicked me off 20 meters, then
off 40 meters.  Tried to find/fix it, but failed miserably.  80 was just fine
:-(

Thanks to everyone for a great time, see you in the next one.

Thanks also to Tom for the use of his great station.

                          ***dan