[3830] MnQP N0PI(K0AD) Mobile/Portable LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Feb 8 21:26:23 EST 2005

                    Minnesota QSO Party

Call: N0PI
Operator(s): K0AD
Station: N0PI

Class: Mobile/Portable LP
QTH:

  160:
   80:      30
   40:     421       3
   20:     242       5
-------------------------
Total:     693       8  Mults = 56  Total Score = 78,064

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

Biggest Surprise:  Having HA7UG call us on 40 meters at 4:00PM

Second Biggest Surprise:  Having DL3GA follow us from county to county on 20
meters - worked him about six times.

Third Biggest Surprise:  While parked on a county road in
Waseca county, Dan looked in the rear view mirror and said:
“ There’s another mobile parked a little ways back.”  Turns out it was Jon,
W0ZQ.  John drove by and pulled over, we all shook hands, and we were on our way
again.

Other comments:

Although we improved a lot from last year, I suspect we will end up somewhere in
the middle of the pack of mobiles.
Lots of great efforts from the rovers out there.
It was really great to see so many regulars on from around the country.  I feel
it was a privilege to have guys like N2CU, K9NW, K8MR, K4AMC, WA3HAE, W7OM, and
others dedicate so much time to our contest.  When driving home, I tuned over to
the SSB Sprint and K9NW was off in running in that, too.

Thanks to Dan, N0PI, for all the work he does in getting his truck outfitted for
this.  I get to do the fun part - operate HF all day!  Dan did do a little VHF
from the front seat.