[3830] NA Sprint CW K8MR HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 13 12:49:21 EST 2005

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 1:45

---------------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team: MRRC

Comments:

The Sprint is often frustrating for a tribander/dipole station like mine from
the near Midwest during low sunspot times, so I signed up for a family dinner
early evening.  I expected to miss the first hour or so, but didn't expect
dinner to take almost 3 hours.  So I didn't get on until 0215z.  But at least
that guaranteed that I was fresh meat during the typically challenging 3d
hour.

With the long skip on 40 by that time, I'm glad I wasn't doing it full time.
But I did have fun, and enjoyed low qso number qsos with WD0T and VO1AU.

Worked 34 sixes and 30 fives, but only 5 each in W2 and W8 and 4 in W0.

73  -  Jim   K8MR