[3830] NA Sprint CW VA7ST LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 13 18:57:30 EST 2005

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:

   80:    0       0
   40:   30     0.5
   20:   70     1.5
---------------------

Team:

Comments:

Broke away from WPX RTTY to get in a few Sprint QSOs. This one always makes me
jittery and I never really get into the flow.

Had to stop after 1.5 hours (as 20M was kinda petering out) for a break. Came
back for half an hour on 40M. Lots of action, but the lure of all those RTTY
signals just up the band on 40 pulled me back with an hour left in the Sprint.

I had my doubts about CW Sprint and RTTY WPX peacefully coexisting in the same
narrow part of the band, but I didn't notice any real conflict at all. It was
kinda neat to see so much CW below .032 or so, and so much RTTY above. Well
done!

Quite often, I was beat out by faster ops (yes, this means you probably) but it
sure was nice when I did catch a tail-end Q at just the right time.

For all the stress, I guess I had fun :)

Will be back for another beating next time out. Thanks for the Qs.

Bud, VA7ST

p.s. the online Cabrillo submission system is great!