[3830] RTTY WPX VO1HP SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 14 07:06:57 EST 2005

                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: VO1HP
Operator(s): VO1HP
Station: VO1HP

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: St.John's NL
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   29   140
   40:   62   298
   20:  697  1821
   15:  238   631
   10:
-----------------
Total: 1026  2890  Prefixes = 480  Total Score = 1,388,160

Club: East Coast Contest Club ECCC

Comments:

First time in WPX RTTY in a few years and really enjoyed myself. Conditions were
great and for the first time ever in my ham career since 1967 have I been able
to exceed 1M points in a contest!....My amp quit working on 15M for some
reason so I had to run barefoot all Sunday from my MP and a 2 el yagi ....I was
amazed at how well I could be heard. In addition my antenna can only be rotated
from about O deg to 90 deg ...I think the ring gear is stripped....so was not
able to turn to the west but that didn't seem to matter much on both days as
calls were coming from all directions.  On Sunday morning we were hit by an ice
storm followed by high winds and snow....the yagi was loaded with ice all day so
didn't expect to be heard at all so condx were fabulous indeed. Hilite for me
was being  called by YB5BO during the middle of a long and intense run on 20M on
Saturday.
Also worked ZL3JT and JA's ...I mention this because from this location in
winter these parts of the world are a real challenge.  Station here is very
basic: FT-1KMP + 500W + 2 el yagi + WRITELOG and trap dipole on 80/40.   Thanks
for all the Q's and see you on the screen and now to dig into that amp and see
whats wrong...!
73 Frank VO1HP