[3830] RTTY WPX AB0RX SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Feb 15 22:11:52 EST 2005

                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: AB0RX
Operator(s): AB0RX
Station: AB0RX

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: MO

   80:  202   448
   40:  222   602
   20:  193   287
   15:  135   261
   10:   19    44
-----------------
Total:  771  1642  Prefixes = 262  Total Score = 430,204

First of all let me introduce myself.  My name is George and I was first
licensed in 2001.  My first RTTY QSO was in the 2003 WPX Contest and I was
hooked.

I started out at the beginning on 20 Meters.  The first hour ended with 40 QSOs
and 27 Multipliers.  Things got better on 40 Meters where the top rate was
62/hour and even better on 80 Meters where the rate hit 68/hour.  After going
QRT for the evening the log had 314 QSOs and 141 multipliers.

I planned to operate during the day on Saturday, but when the forecast improved
to very unseasonably nice WX, I decided I’d spend the day outside.  I restarted
in the evening on 15 Meters where there was a nice opening with a number of JAs
calling.  I moved to 20 Meters which was OK, then to 40 Meters where again the
rate broke 60/hr.  On 80 meters, it was OK for a while but then nothing.
Searching and pouncing found the band was still hopping, but there were few new
stations.

Sunday afternoon I was back at it on 15 and 20 Meters.  I tried 10 Meters twice,
but there was not a lot of activity only netted a total of 19 QSOs.  The band
was open to South America, the west coast and KH6 but not much else.  Had
another good run on 20 Meters towards the end of the contest.

I missed the morning opening to EU both days.   All operating time was in the
afternoon and evening.

There was one multiplier that I never got.  I never worked anyone with an ABØ
prefix during the contest.

Thanks for all the QSOs.