[3830] NA Sprint CW AA4LR LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Feb 17 21:37:58 EST 2005

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: AA4LR
Operator(s): AA4LR
Station: AA4LR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA

   80:   0     0:00
   40:   0        0
   20:   7     0:10
---------------------
Total:   7     Mults = 3  Total Score = 21

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: S.Sprint Coalition #2

Comments:

Equipment:
K2/100 - KAT100
Cushcraft A3S at 15m

Comments:

I suffered a back injury about two weeks before the contest and have been on the
slow road to recovery. I thought I might be able to strap on a back brace and
spend a half and hour handing out a few contacts. I felt I owed it to my team,
and the memory of W4AN, who always encouraged me to operate this contest.

Unfortunately, I didn't last that long. After about 10 minutes, my back had had
enough.

It was a productive 10 minutes though. I was surprised at how easy it was to
tune stations in and work them. Lots of CQs flying around at this hour.

I didn't try 40 or 80m. I hope my teammates don't hold my low score against
me.

Next time.