[3830] ARRLDX CW W3/OM2KI SOAB LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 20 22:53:24 EST 2005

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W3/OM2KI
Operator(s): OM2KI
Station: W3/OM2KI

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: DC
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    0     0
Total:  274   151  Total Score = 124,122

Due to very limited space for antenna I installed an  undefined lenght (I
believe it was 40m) of wire designed as  a  grounded half loop.  I found  that
this wire worked  with satisfactory SWR on almost all bands except 160m.  The
goal should have been   to provide a rare multiplier to as many stations as
possible. I did my best, but power of 100W and junk antenna  together with QRN
in NW Washington are far away from ideal contest QTH...
Condx wasn´t  so good from my point of view. In just few hours of operation I
made 274 QSO´s. I worked with   PJ2T and V47Z on 5 bands and  on 4 with some
others. The  highlight for me was UA9AYA on 40m  and DK3GI on 10m  /together
with EA5DFV only EU on 10m/...
Thank´s to everybody, who was able to dig my weak signal.   I know, it was very
though some times...
BTW – there was  quite a good activity from DC this time  (hrd W3DQ, 4U1WB from
World Bank...). It seems  that DC multiplier is  no more very difficult so I can
calmly skip SSB part, hi.

73  Milan  W3/OM2KI