[3830] ARRLDX CW K3ZO SOAB HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 20 23:10:03 EST 2005

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K3ZO
Operator(s): K3ZO
Station: K3ZO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: MD

Total: 2990   391  Total Score = 3,507,270

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Ten Tec Orion driving Ten Tec Titan 425
Antennas: 160: Two Half-Slopers off 140 foot tower, one sloping SE and one West

               Receiving antenna: EWE favoring Europe
           80: 3-el KLM Yagi @ 140 feet
           40: 3-el Telrex Yagi @ 94 feet
           20: 4-el dual-driven quad @ 78 feet; 6-el Telrex Yagi @ 150 feet
           15: 4-el dual-driven quad @ 78 feet; 8-el Telrex Yagi @ 155 feet
           10: 4-el dual-driven quad @ 78 feet

Score down 1.1 million compared to last year, 400 less QSOs.

A disturbance which peaked Thursday threw a monkey wrench into 40 and 10
meters which had been fine the preceding weekend in the PACC Contest.
The first night the direct path to Europe on 40 went out early;  I was on 80
already before the contest was an hour old.  Both mornings the 40 meter
European sunrise opening was flat.  But considering where we are in the
sunspot cycle, I guess we can't complain too much.

73, Fred, K3ZO