[3830] ARRLDX CW K8IA SOAB LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 21 01:04:09 EST 2005

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K8IA
Operator(s): K8IA
Station: K8IA

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: AZ

  160:    7     7
Total: 1050   266  Total Score = 847,900

Club: Central Arizona DX Assn

Comments:

IC-765 100w, 3 el SteppIR at 78', M2 40M3L at 71', 80m sloper, 160m Inv L, K9AY
Rx loops

Score down about 20% from last yr, consistent from what I am seeing of many
other active participants. In addition to deteriorating cndx, I lost about 4
hours the first night due to heavy rain static and then a lightning storm that
caused me to close down althogether. I could have stayed in MI for that! <grin>.
Quite rare here in the "Valley of the Sun" this time of the year.

Surprised here with the 80m JA opening on Sunday morning. Yes, we usually have
that opening but this one was packed with stations across the entire contest
band, and several over S9 on calibrated s-meter! Very nice to be able to
actually run JA's with only 100w here.

Keep smiling folks, this IS fun, remember that.

Bob K8IA
nr the Superstition Mtns
Arizona USA