[3830] ARRLDX CW SM/LA2MOA SOAB LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 21 01:18:38 EST 2005

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: SM/LA2MOA
Operator(s): LA2MOA
Station: SM/LA2MOA

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Kristinehamn, Sweden

Total:  500    96  Total Score = 144,000

Club: NRRL Gudbrandsdal

Comments:

No antennas for 160, S9+ static noise on 80, just a dipole for 40 and 10 metres
completely dead... Well, this years contest went to become a "3-band affair".
Contditions on 15 was quite good on saturday, and 20 was good during the whole
contest. Managed to work 21 mult´s on 40 as well, which was more than I hoped
for in the beginning. I had set the goal of making 500 Q´s before the contest,
calculating that 10 should be open for some time during the test, so I´m more
than happy to reach that goal on just 3 bands. 20 meters was awesome! The band
was open long after local sunset and the path to the west coast was open until
around 2200 local time. Worked both Utah and Wyoming during this late hours.

Thanks to you stateside op´s who really showed some great listening skills!
73´s!