[3830] ARRLDX CW HZ1EX SOSB/40 LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 21 12:30:36 EST 2005

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: HZ1EX
Operator(s): HZ1EX
Station: HZ1EX

Class: SOSB/40 LP
QTH: HZ1EX
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  154    37  Total Score = 17,094

First Contest from home with my own call (I have waited 15 years for it) for
sure it was easier from HZ1AB with better antennas and more power. Working a low
band that is closed during daytime makes it possible to go to work during the
day (Thu./Fri. being our weekend). At the US Sunset, K1TTT was copied and worked
at least 15 min before I heard next stn. W6YI was first LP to be heard at my
Sunset.
Manfred, HZ1IK (DF1IK) was also on, hope we did not confuse those that worked
both of us.
FT 1000MP and CushCraft R7000.
License limitations: Max power is 200W, so no linears. 80, 10 and 6m not
allowed, that's why I had to decline all requests to QSY to 80.
Thomas, HZ1EX/SM0CXU/AB5CQ