[3830] ARRLDX CW W5GN SOAB(A) HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 21 17:18:14 EST 2005

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W5GN
Operator(s): W5GN
Station: W5GN

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH:

   80:    2     1
Total:  830   265  Total Score = 659,850

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

SOAPBOX: Spots only.  Spots were more accurate than past years; only a
SOAPBOX: few "fake" spots (i.e., zero for OH) but I did dupe ZF2TJ from
SOAPBOX: a ZS1EJ spot, and wondered why I had to swing the beam to 135
SOAPBOX: instead of 155 to hear ZP5A until he FINALLY identified as 8P5A.
SOAPBOX: I REALLY liked S9SS choice to re-send the call of the station he
SOAPBOX: just worked, as part of his "QRZ", at high speed; what a brilliant
SOAPBOX: way to know that he really had worked you in his BIG pileup.
SOAPBOX: I think a lot of overcalling would be reduced if the station being
SOAPBOX: called would reverse the order, send the 599500 and then the CALL
SOAPBOX: of the station he heard, since most of us will stop when we know
SOAPBOX: he's going back to someone (except for W2BHK, who rudely kept calling
SOAPBOX: 10-12 times without listening for a reply in three pileups I heard).