[3830] ARRLDX CW NK7U M/2 HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 21 19:25:30 EST 2005

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: NK7U
Operator(s): NK7U, W2VJN
Station: NK7U

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: OREGON

Total: 1676   375  Total Score = 1,874,250

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

We decided to operate the fun mode this year, M/2.  We used only two of the NK7U
operating positions.  Conditions were typical for this part of the cycle.  We
were lucky to catch CT1BOH and CU2M on 10 meters beaming 100 degrees.  No JAs
were heard on 10 and no Euros on 160.

Joe has added 2 towers since last year and the count is up to 9 now.  Antennas
are as follows:

160    Gound plane
80     3L/dipole
40     4 over 4 to Eu/4L
20     4 stack of 5L to Eu/6 over 6/5 over 5
15     6 over 6/5 over 5 to JA
10     7 over 7
Plus a C31 to the long path.  I probably missed something.

My thanks to Joe and Sharon for their wonderful hospitality and to Joe for
letting me operate his fine station.

George, W2VJN