[3830] ARRLDX CW K1AR(@K1EA) M/2 HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 21 19:47:56 EST 2005

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K1AR
Operator(s): K1EA, K1AR
Station: K1EA

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: MA

   40: 1064    98
   20: 1621   110
   15: 1505   110
Total: 4962   513  Total Score = 7,628,823

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

What a great weekend! The operations at the old K1EA continue as the new house
(and ultimately new station) construction continues in the front of his
property.

This weekend was a casual affair at best with just Ken and I on deck. That said,
we had fun in our 40 hours of operating. My hats off to everyone west of
Harvard, MA, that work so hard for their QSOs! Yes, being in the Northeast is
simply not fair, especially in this part of the cycle.

What's my issue this weekend? Accepting the unfortunate reality that packet is
with us for good, it would be nice if we get the spotted calls correct at least
a few time during the weekend. Do people really think that 5S3SK or VV4Z are
good calls? Come on guys -- listen. If you're not sure, don't spot it!! Frankly,
much of what appeared on my screen was embarrassing. There, now I feel better.

ThanKS, as always, to Kenny for hosting our operation. Now it's on to K3LR for
SSB (phone -- sigh!).

73 John, K1AR