[3830] ARRLDX CW C6ASB(AK0M) SOAB QRP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Feb 24 14:25:30 EST 2005

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: C6ASB
Operator(s): AK0M
Station: C6ASB

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: Bahamas

  160:    0     0
   80:    2     2
   10:    3     2
-------------------
Total:  434   100  Total Score = 130,200

Club: Eastern Iowa DX Association

Comments:

FT-857 reduced to 5W output; 38ft wire vertical fed through tuner with balanced
line, located about 100ft from the Atlantic on a 25ft bluff.

Again fun doing this QRP. Very casual entry, but didn't seem casual when the
pileups started! First time on 20m the pileup was just a steady tone when I
stood by for calls. Some difficulty handling that with my rusty and
never-really-honed pileup skills!

It was especially painful hearing all the very loud EU signals on 40 and 80m and
not being able to work them.

10m never really opened for me, but I heard DX stations to the south running
stations on 10.