[3830] NAQP CW N0AX Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 9 16:06:21 EST 2005

                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: N0AX
Operator(s): N0AX
Station: N0AX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 9:45

Total:  870   213  Total Score = 185,310

Club:

Team: Straight Flush

Comments:

Final total was much better than I expected.  What's up with 10 and 80 both
being good?  :-)  I could have made a better decision about when to take
off-time, but the high bands just held in there quite a while.  40 being full of
RTTY signals definitely hurt that band, but 80 more than made up for it,
sounding like 20-meters at times.  My only ME came on 80 - which was a total
shock.  Without the new Beverages, I wouldn't have made the Q (or many others on
80 and 160 from rain/snow QRN).

I didn't have extreme rate, but it was definitely consistent and lots of 2nd
radio QSOs to augment the slow periods.  Pretty good results moving people -
about an 80% success rate if they did move.  How about all the activity from
Arkansas and VE3?  They were everywhere!  KL7 and KH6 were notably absent, as
were the eastern VE provinces.  Didn't hear a VT or ND - got everything else
in
the lower 48.  Pretty good turnout, including a good effort from TG and PJ5 that
were very welcome.  How can we encourage more Caribbean stations to get active
for this contest?  They're guaranteed an attentive audience, that's for sure!

The station is an FT-1000MP and FT-847, 3-el SteppIR, C-3, 40-2CD, pair of 80-m
half-slopers, inverted-L for Top Band, and a pair of two-wire Beverages.
Everything worked better than the operator!

Sure missed the big signal from N9RV, whose antenna farm got hammered in the ice
storm, along with several other notables.  Good luck in the rebuilding effort,
guys!

73, Ward N0AX