[3830] RTTY Roundup W0MA M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 10 14:49:44 EST 2005

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: W0MA
Operator(s): AB0RX, K0BX
Station: W0MA

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MO

Total: 1069  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 53  Total Score = 116,521

Club: Boeing Employees ARC-STL

Comments:

We did a bit better than last year.  This year we were able to operate the whole
24 hours.
We got a new 756POII on Friday night to replace the 775DSP but decide that we
would use the IC-756 which we already knew how to operate and was setup with
narrow CW filter for RTTY.  It is hooked to a AL-82 and we ran about 1200
watts.
So the New 756PROII and Henry 4K sat unused at the other position.
It didnt seem to matter.  Our best was on 80 meters from 0300Z to 0700Z (3hours)
running on the same freq.  And then to get the European opening, 1400Z to 1600Z
running on 14103MHZ.  Multipliers are hard to come by in this contest.

Writelog, MMTTY and the computer all ran without any problems.  Did lose the 40
meter beam on Saturday evening and had to use the dipole.

Thanks for all that worked the 'BEARS'

Joe K0BX and George AB0RX
for W0MA