[3830] NAQP SSB AE6Y Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 16 11:57:57 EST 2005

                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: AE6Y
Operator(s): AE6Y
Station: AE6Y

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA

Total:  729   212  Total Score = 154,336

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC #1

Comments:

Didn't enjoy this one as much as CW.
Highlights:
 1) First two hours were really fun.  I had clear frequencies on 15 and 10 and
for the first time ever was able to use dualling CQs effectively, including
moving many guys from one band to the other, as well as to 20 for mults. Thanks
for the moves!
 2) My friend AA6VB had mentioned to me that he had worked 3G0YP (Easter Is) on
160 at about 0500Z, so I kept an ear out in the vicinity of 1826.  Sure enough,
there he was at about that time.  Even though this was during my "on" time, I
decided to take a break and give him a try.  I called and called low power
without success, but got him on the first call after the amp warmed up --then
shut it off, of course, hi.
  Lowlights:
  After the first two hours, I just couldn't keep up a rate on any band.  Twenty
was particularly disappointing, as I was missing easy mults that I could hear,
but weren't calling me.  This was very frustrating, and made most of the contest
thereafter a search and pounce affair.
  Rig: IC756 Pro, Pro2, Force 12 3 el 10/15/20, 2 el 40. 1 el 80, inv vee 160.
Software: CQPWIN ver. 10.1
  73, Andy, AE6Y