[3830] NAQP SSB K5ZM(@W7YAQ) Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 16 21:23:47 EST 2005

                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: K5ZM
Operator(s): K5ZM
Station: W7YAQ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OR

  160:   15     6
Total:  592   169  Total Score = 100,048

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Team: SECC Team 1

Comments:

Ug. Down from 2 years ago at the same station when I last did this 'test. 227
less Qs, 24 less mults, and a bottom line of 58k less points. Oh well. That's a
flare for ya.

Missed the first 30 minutes due to increased travel time on icey roads. Took a
listen on 10 and 15 and heard absolutely zip. Tuned 20 and heard little better.
Far too early for 40, so I set up shop on 20 and 23 minutes later I had a mind
boggling 9 Qs in the log. That was when I ran into Jim, KI7Y, across town who'd
informed me that 10 and 15 were hopin' for him. Lotsa mults and he was ahead of
me by almost 60 Qs. That was all it took and I don't think he'll ever make that
mistake again ;)

I left 20 and headed to 10 where in the next hour I ran my sum total of 123 Qs
on that band. As I expected, 15 was even better. Even so, I know I can do so
much better overall. I guess I just haven't found the right magic. Yet.

Again, tnx to Bob, W7YAQ for the use of the station. I really wish the summer
running of this gig was better attended. In any event, CU all next Jan!

Until the next time.....

'zm

Highlights:
Having Gordon, N5AU, answer a CQ on 40 metres (or any other band, for that
matter). Little bit of an inside joke. I wonder if he remembers me ;)

Lowlights:
Far and away, the lowest of the lows was choosing to use my own name. Something
I don't think I'll ever again do on phone.

Really need to work on the SO2R stuff.