[3830] NAQP SSB N8II Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jan 18 18:11:28 EST 2005

                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WV

Total:  776   185  Total Score = 143,560

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC 2

Comments:

My directory set-up was a bust, lucky to find log! It certainly was
 easier to run stations, but a lot harder to work mults on backscatter
 on phone compared to CW. 15 was tough, almost no one was loud and
 virtually all Q's were S&P. Ten was open well first 3 hours to the West
 Coast, but only well to AZ,NV,CA,OR and WA with a couple of brief bursts
 to the Rocky mtns. 20 was my best band, but best rate by far I would say
 was 40M at 22Z, for 30 minutes I was running a pile-up more often than
 not. I had some short but good runs on 160 and 75. It does help
 attract people being in WV. I honored all move requests and probably
 moved a couple of times too often to work 1 mult losing my run freq in
 the process, it can be counterproductive. Condx seemed a bit better than
 on CW, especially on 40 and 20, the skip zone wasn't quite as L-O-N-G
 quite as early. By 01Z a skip zone was developing on 75M and by 02Z
 many sigs were better on my 1/4 wave vert than the dipole. However, I
 was mostly running and the West Coast boys just weren't taking the bait
 yet. So, I missed virtually all of the Far West on 75/160. Quitting
 time was 0310Z, I had to get up early for work Sunday. Thanks for the
 Q's and moves. I did get the "locals" DE, VA, MD, and WV on all six,
 but missed PA on 20-10M despite a couple of move attempts and am only
 about 20 miles from the PA line here.