[3830] BARTG Sprint VA7ST Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 23 19:50:37 EST 2005

                    BARTG RTTY Sprint

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

-----------------
Total:  290  290  Mults = 215  Total Score = 62,350

FT920
2 ele tribander @ 45'
Delta loops for 40 and 80
N1MM + MMTTY

Conditions were horrible for the most part, but not quite as bad as I expected
after seeing the solar numbers.

Not a sniff of AF anywhere. I had the beam at 60 degrees for quite a while
hoping to run into one or two, but nothing heard so the continent total is 5.

One EU opening on 20M Saturday morning lasted an hour or so and was done (worked
G, GW, GM, ON and only a few others before the band shifted/died).

Saturday night, 40 and 80 were practically desolate from southern BC -- a big
disappointment. Did work RD3A on 40 -- he was very loud calling CQ on 40M with
no replies for many minutes at a time. I was surprised he even heard me with
100w to a single delta loop.

Was good to catch a few stations on 10M, where (as the story goes these days)
the lights were on but no one was home.

15M was about the most productive band. Strange how useful that band has been,
while 20M feels punky with harsh conditions. I still have an undiagnosed major
noise problem on 20 and 15 -- since mid-December, out of the east there's S7
noise that goes away with the beam turned north or south. Makes stateside hard
to work on these bands, although it doesn't affect EU and JA work. Apologies if
I was a bit of an alligator at times.

Good JA participation really helped me out -- worked all regions but JA9 and
JA0. Was fun building JA, YB, HL and BA mults on a late afternoon 15M opening to
Asia.

Despite horrendous propagation, this year's effort is much improved over my
previous try, in 2003:

Year  QSOs Mult Conts    Score
2005  290   43    5      62,350
2003  113   28    5      15,820