[3830] ARRL Jan VHF W4WA Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 24 13:33:23 EST 2005

                    ARRL January VHF Sweepstakes

Call: W4WA
Operator(s): W4WA
Station: W4WA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs):

  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  219    99  Total Score = 29,700

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions were very bad as everyone that was on the air knows. I was able to
put in a full effort and actually discovered this morning that I beat my 2004
September score. The score this January was up 9k from the last January score. I
have not changed the station or antennas, I am still running 100 watts on 6 and
222, with 800 on 2 and 600 on 432. The antennas are single M2 on 6 and 2 with
single K1FO's on 222 and 432. The highligh of the contest was working KE4YYD
EL79 on 432 and 6 meters for a new grid and finding W5RCI EM44 rag chewing on
432.100. My elevation is approximately 1100 feet ASL. I hope to be DX again in
the June VHF contest. Ron W4WA