[3830] CQ160 CW N9ADG Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 30 16:08:13 EST 2005

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N9ADG
Operator(s): N9ADG
Station: N9ADG

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WWA

Total:  QSOs = 417  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 11  Total Score = 72,605

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Calm winds and good condx were great for balloon vertical. Too bad I had too
many loans against my "sleep bank" to get any credit extended to work more
hours! Would have liked to hear the CT9 and CQ3 stn's, however my only beverage
is perpendicular to that direction (didn't have time to troubleshoot a hastily
put up 200'er w/switching).

Reasonable sigs on the 1/4 wl vert, especially when running the Attenuation at
18db or so.

I echo the sentiments of "more antennas" expressed by many!

Never heard KY (did hear someone calling expressly for KY tho, and had a chuckle
over that one). Heard a couple of Maines, however they were S&P. Rhode Island -
W1OP (K1OP? Don't remember, since I didn't get) had a nice pile that was
uncracked by me. Took a few times of going away and coming back to the pile to
work my only "DC" station. XE2TG would have been nice, he was loud, but was
unable to crack that one. A really nice high point was hearing AH0A, and working
him, w/o attracting attention of others late in the contest. Didn't make KH0V,
though tried.  VR2BG had some nice sunrise enhancement, then faded into the
noise. Would have liked to hear the familiar 9Y1 and JT1 stations!

Sorry to some of the JA's that I worked a couple of times -- gentlemen as
always. JH4UYB especially booming.

It took me a while to believe my brain saying "D4B"; I was incredulous that he
was so loud. I was even more amazed when I worked him first call. Ah! 160m!

Contests are always a good milestone to get some little details in the shack
taken care of (before contest start hopefully);  wasn't able to finish my
outside rx antenna work however :-(.