[3830] CQ160 CW AA4V Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 30 22:19:57 EST 2005

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: AA4V
Operator(s): AF4OX, AA4V
Station: AA4V

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: SC

Total:  QSOs = 1031  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 46  Total Score = 340,410

Club: Carolina DX Assn

Comments:

It was a great pleasure sharing the chair with my friend, Bob Seymour, AF4OX,
who did a superb job. Despite high winds and heavy rain, especially
Saturday, we found conditions quite good with lots of strong Europeans coming
through at times. At other times, it seemed that the DX weren't hearing too
well,perhaps from local Eu QRM. We missed LAB, NWT, YK and Nunuvat. This was a
good test of the new Titanex V80E vertical mounted on the end of the pier over
salt water and all three Pennants were of immense help all week-end. I don't
think we made a single contact using the transmit antenna for receiving due to
the S7-S9 QRN from the storms moving through and offshore. This was our best
score ever in the contest, exceeding our former best score (set in 2003) record
by 3,000 points (thanks I4EAT at 2359:50 on Sunday night). Many thanks to all
who called us.