[3830] CQ160 CW VE3QAA Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 31 20:51:49 EST 2005

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: VE3QAA
Operator(s): VE3QAA
Station: VE3QAA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Ottawa

Total:  QSOs = 613  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 31  Total Score = 279,905

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Started out non-serious,as I had problems with switching the tx vertical array.
Only 200 Q's first day, mostly S&P.  Became more serious second day as I found
the vertical array worked OK in the omni-directional mode. Saturday afternoon I
discovered that my array switching matrix was connecting both parasitic elements
of the EU beam as reflectors, which were pushing against each other!  Too late
to have much impact on score.