[3830] ARRL FD K7RE 1C LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Jul 6 12:14:50 EDT 2005

                    ARRL Field Day

Call: K7RE
Operator(s): K7RE
Station: K7RE

Class: 1C LP
QTH: SD

  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  805     0       0  Total Score = 3,216

I operated from my ancient motor home.  Antenna was a screwdriver type.  QTH was
Northern Black hills of SD, about 6000 feet AMSL.  Conditions were good.  No 10
or 6M openings though, and 80 was just too rough with thunderstorm QRN. So, I
operated only 40, 20 and 15 CW. Rig was IC-706 MK2 G  at 100W.  I only did about
18 hours, took some nice breaks and even got 5 hours sleep!. My power source
consisted of 2 50W solar panels that are permanently mounted on the vehicle,
with 3 large marine batteries, all charged from the sun over several weeks prior
to the contest.  Luckily the sun shone through most of the daylight hours of the
event. Software was N3FQJ FD 2.7 running on a very old Toshiba 150 MHz. Pentium.
I really enjoy this category for FD, not much work, and lot's of fun!