[3830] NAQP RTTY KI6DY Single Op LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 17 11:51:06 EDT 2005

                    North American QSO Party, RTTY

Call: KI6DY
Operator(s): KI6DY
Station: KI6DY

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: KS

   15:   12     7
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  450   128  Total Score = 57,600

Club:

Team: SWACC #1

Comments:

I swear the older I get the stupider I get, or so it seems. Thought I would get
up Saturday morning and just crank up the tower an hour or so before the
contest. Well the 80 meter dipole got snagged on something and snapped at the
feedpoint when the tower was about 3/4 of the up. Had to retract it, climb it
twice (I dropped one of my tools), and re-attach the wire, all of this in 90
degree heat and humidity. Cranking the tower is chore in itself, all the extra
work just about killed me.

Therefore, got on a 1/2 hour after the start. Score was way down due to the lack
of 15 and 10 meters.

Next time the tower goes up the day before the contest, duh. I should know
better.

73 de Bob (KI6DY)