[3830] CQWW VHF W4GRW SOSB/6 LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jul 19 12:45:38 EDT 2005

                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: W4GRW
Operator(s): W4GRW
Station: W4GRW

Class: SOSB/6 LP
QTH: EM96
Operating Time (hrs): 20 hrs

Total:  176    39  Total Score = 6,894

Club: Carolina DX Association

Comments:

2005 was the first time I have worked SOSB 6M, had lots of fun, several band
enhancements to NW & SE. Operated with Yaesu FT 847 100W, 5 element yagi & 6M
horizontal loop. Have operated the last 2 CQ VHF contests as single op, but for
2005 my 17 year old extra class son, Josh, W4WJF, was with me. He worked as SOSB
2M, while I was SOSB 6M. Sometimes you dont know how lucky you are, to be on a
NC mountain top with great scenery, but especially the quality time I got to
spend with Josh, was priceless. He has been a part of several multi-op teams,
and he has really grown into an excellent operator, contester and young
man..looking forward to 2006 !!