[3830] GreatLakes N4PN Single Op HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jul 25 00:15:07 EDT 2005

                    Great Lakes Sweepstakes

Call: N4PN
Operator(s): N4PN
Station: N4PN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MACON, GA

Total:     23           6        703      30  Total Score = 27,114

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Really bad condx....and no one in the Great Lakes states seemed to know that
they were having a sweepstakes. Almost no way to work anyone on cw...as no one
had a clue what "CQ GLS" meant.
Score includes 150 bonus points...(100 for W8DXI and 50 for 10 LH/ISLANDS)
About the only station I heard really working the GLS outside of the area
was Bill, K4LTA.
Found a small opening on ten meters and managed about 30 contacts there.
At 2316z, in the last hour of the contest, worked my one and only station
on 15m - KC2R. Twenty meters was by far the bread-and-butter band here with
524 contacts or 73% of total.
Equipment: FT1000MP/Titan Amp - 1kw
Antennas:  TH-5 @ 65' - Alpha-Delta 40/80 meter dipole