[3830] NCCC Sprint(7-29) K8AJS LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Jul 29 07:33:43 EDT 2005

                    NCCC Thursday Sprint (7-29)

Call: K8AJS
Operator(s): K8AJS
Station: K8AJS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:   0         0
   80:   0         0
   40:  10    9 mins
   20:  27    21 min
---------------------
Total:  37     Mults = 9  Total Score = 333

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Have a new antenna up this week, it's not all in place yet, but the multi-band
inverted vee seemed to be doing a creditable job on 40 meters. We'll see what
performance is like when the installation is complete.

Conditions were better than I expected, and it was nice to hear a lot of new
calls on the band for this little exercise. Rusty, it was fun to be working you
again, and Bill, K4LTA, I heard you in there but the timeing was never right and
we never got together. Next time I'll do better...:-)

This week I experimented for the first time with really using both receivers in
the 1000MP, I do that in contests occasionally but found it's harder to get
everything coordinated in a Sprint. I'll have to work at getting the ears
balanced and faster transmitter switching. It's good practice.

This time I seemed to have the worst time with pushing the wrong key to start a
QSO. To all those who suffered through my QSO false starts, I apologize, I'll
get it together better next time.

I had the biggest QSO total in this contest so far, thanks to all those who
helped. My multiplier total was down, though, so having 7 more Qs than last week
only netted me 3 more points. I probably spent too much time on 20 (conditions
were so g-o-o-d-d) and missed some of the close-in stuff on 40.

Thanks to all for the contacts. Besides being great practice, this affair is a
lot of fun!

Rig: FT1000MP 100 watts
Ants: 3 el quad, Carolina Windom, Multi-band inverted vee
Software: WriteLog 10.54c