[3830] IOTA LA1IOTA Multi-Op HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 31 16:21:28 EDT 2005

                    IOTA Contest

Call: LA1IOTA
Operator(s): LA6FJA, LA7THA, LA5NGA, LA8HLA, LA9KKA, LA5QKA
Station: LA1IOTA

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Yknsöy Island, EU079

   80:   216     22        0       0
   40:   244     29       94      26
   20:   436     23      515      53
   15:   127     11       44       8
Total:  1024     85      653      87  Total Score = 1,572,051

Club: LA IOTA Club

Comments:

Hi

This was a really great effort, but we think Multi-Single from a Island is
boring, we would like to had a M2 category in this contest, since it was hard to
when great openings at both bands.

This was a IOTA Dxpedition for new foundation of LA IOTA Club, we did arranged
most of the Norwegian Team from S9LA Dxpedition Team, and this a great effort to
make a new DXpedition.  We agreed to make a norwegian Islands active and to
start to activate rare IOTA's.

We did go with boat to this Island in west coast of Norway

We brought lot of gear of radio's and Antennas.

We are thankful to the College of Volda for us giving possibility to use their
cabin at the Island.

Setup
IC 756 PROII + ACOM 2000A
TS 2000 + AL 80

Antennas
Titanex V160E
Chuscraft AV5
Dipole 20m
WARC Vertical

We hope to give many people a new IOTA, and we had some awesome big pileups and
a great experience.

See you next time from a IOTA

73 de LA6FJA Rag for LA IOTA Club

QSL via NRRL Bureau, and nice QSL will be printed. We dont prefer direct QSLs
because of the taxes are high of postage in Norway. All QSL will be sent to all
stations we worked.