[3830] ARRL June VHF K3DNE Single Op HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jun 13 17:04:45 EDT 2005

                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: K3DNE
Operator(s): K3DNE
Station: K3DNE

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FM19

  1.2:   43    23
  2.3:   20    12
  3.4:    1     1
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  661   223  Total Score = 222,554

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Got the 903MHz transverter, 222MHz amp, 1.2GHz preamp and 2m feedline repaired
the days prior to the contest.  During the contest lost my 3.4GHz station
(antenna and or feedline?), the rotor loop (big) hung up on a tower step (which
required a tower climb and I hate to climb!) and the 1.2GHz preamp became
intermittent (worked most of the time).  Overall the station worked well.
Aurora was awesome - had the short term rate meter at 100-150 a few times and
worked over 200 Au q's and added many grids mostly on 6m SSB, worked a few on 2m
cw and 1 on 222MHz cw.
Thanks to all the rovers that make the propagation challanged times very
interesting!
73,
Ed K3DNE