[3830] WPX CW AD5Q SO(TS)SB20 HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Jun 29 02:16:21 EDT 2005

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: AD5Q
Operator(s): AD5Q
Station: AD5Q

Class: SO(TS)SB20 HP
QTH: Texas

Total:  948  Prefixes = 526  Total Score = 1,038,850

I did this one at home with my tri-banders, but threw in the towel just before
the midpoint of the contest due to an apparent equipment malfuntion.

Daytime rates were slow. The peak propagation hours of the first evening were
plagued by what seemed to be a sticky TR-Relay in the amp. The problem went away
as the band died, but became untenable as the band began to open for DX late
Suturday afternoon. Since it was obvious I would miss at least the last good
band peak of the contest through the 2nd evening, I thought of other things to
do with the weekend.

Postscript: The problem turned out NOT to be in the amp, but in a 2-way coax
switch manufactured by one of the following low quality vendors: Van Gordon,
MFJ, Radio Shack. Avoid. Avoid, Avoid.

Roy -- AD5Q