[3830] ARRL FD N3XLS(@N3KAE) 2D LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Jun 30 19:20:12 EDT 2005

                    ARRL Field Day

Call: N3XLS
Operator(s): N3XLS
Station: N3KAE

Class: 2D LP
QTH: EPA

   40:  114     65      4
   20:  102     68      6
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  323    267     10  Total Score = 1,866

Looks like another Great Field Day for the Joe, N3XLS and AL, N3KAE team.
It was rough contest weekend, Man I can still here all the squabbling on side
band. Toward the end of FD things got better but not enough to make some really
high rates. Sunday morning seemed to be the best time on 80 meters of a rate of
90 QSO’s an hour, Thanks to all those who answered my CQ’s! you really helped
too fill up the log sheet fast. CW seemed to be the mode of choice for this
years contest, PSK was hot but it was just poor conditions for working them and
it seemed like no one would answer my CQ’s or my Calls. The best luck with
digital modes was RTTY there was no problem making any contacts on RTTY. I think
the ARRL should being RTTY back as the digital mode of choice for FD, might
bring in more people for the ARRL RU in two years.  The bonus points was a great
addition to FD this year, it even got Al’s son Alex on the air. Special thanks
to NX9T for the Youth contact with Alex.

Now on to the unofficial score.
We managed to work
CW         323
PHONE   267
RTTY      10

Total score with out the bonus 1866
Final Score with the bonus 2036

Hope to work you all next year. Joe, N3XLS