[3830] CQ160 SSB N4PN(W8JI) Single Op HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Mar 3 10:47:13 EST 2005

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: N4PN
Operator(s): W8JI
Station: N4PN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA

Total:  QSOs = 1507  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 44  Total Score = 404,481

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Well here goes....wow!
I don't usually do a big soapbox but this contest was different. Dan, K1TO was
coming back thru Macon on Friday from Atlanta to Florida. We had agreed to
have
dinner here in town as he came thru. I met him along with Tom, W8JI and his
xyl
Marsha around 5:45pm with the understanding that I would have to leave them
around 6:30. As I was preparing to leave and head home, Tom and Marsha asked
me
"why not come up and operate from our place?." They sounded pretty serious and
I quickly accepted. Away I went to change clothers, throw a change of clothes
in a bag, grab some snacks, etc and head up to Johnstonville, GA.
Tom had everything tuned up and after a quick run thru the antennas, etc, my
first contact was with W4NTI at 0055z - missing most of the first hour. First
full hour was 147 Q's - the second hour as a bit better with 170 Q's with
most other hours over 100 Q's. First 23 hours - 45 VE's/31 other DX. Second
half was 21 VE's/64 other DX, including around 0300z on Sunday morning a
pileup
of RK4FD, UY4IYZ, DK5PR, DK0PM, UW2M and others all calling and right over the
pile came - 4L2M!! I woke everybody in the house and probably a few neighbors.
Final numbers are 1507 Q's - 103 mults which includes 85-10 point Q's. Last
QSO at 2359z was with Bernie, N8BJQ.
Without saying, this was a blast and thanks to Tom and Marsha for their in-
vitation and great hospitality and support. This was a weekend I'll never
forget..
Paul, N4PN