[3830] ARRLDX SSB W4MYA M/M HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 7 08:25:09 EST 2005

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W4MYA
Operator(s): N3UA N4EHJ W4DR W4HZ W4MYA W8HC WA8WV
Station: W4MYA

Class: M/M HP
QTH: VA

   20: 1118   124
   15:  612   104
Total: 2423   468  Total Score = 3,383,640

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

First, thanks to Dave and Hal for coming from WV to play radio! Friday night we
started the contest with 6 ops.Saturday evening throught the end it was down to
3. Saturday was hampered by snow static for most of the day. If you get a
chance, check out thunderstorm.com. Saturday night there was a solid line of
thunderstorms off the WHOLE coast of NC. That is where all the static came from
Saturday night. It was so bad, we just quit at 0300 until 0800. Sunday the sun
came out which brought out 2 different sources of line noise. One to the NE and
the other to the SE.
Only a couple other troubles.. The 3/3 stack on 40M .. the top would not turn
altho it was pointed to EU and the bottom beam fixed on EU went intermittent. On
15M, Saturday morning the 6EL on top was off 90 degrees..
Not that it made much difference..
Dave and I spent the weekend coughing and hacking so if we sounded a little
rough, that was why..
The VA QSO Party is next weekend and the WPX SSB the weekend after that.
Hope to see you in both!!
Take care
73/mya