[3830] ARRLDX SSB KB1H M/2 HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 13 16:16:26 EST 2005

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KB1H
Operator(s): KB1H,K1EBY,KB1DFB,NB1U,N1GKI,W1TJL,K1IN,N1QAE
Station: KB1H

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: CT

   20: 1420   126
   15:  705   110
Total: 2749   464  Total Score = 3,800,160

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Again short of our usual operators so we opted for M/2 again in this mode.
With conditions poor the M/2 class makes the bands seem busy. We used the
6 QSY per hour rule more in this mode and wish we had been more comfortable
in doing this during the CW weekend.

I think there was only two operators that were here the whole 48 hours with
many doing a part time stint. We had a "Soprano" moment when K1IN arrived
Friday night and he said he had not come empty handed. We then went outside
and he showed me a body in his car trunk. It was of the deer he had hit
on the way to the station. Ahhh, venison chili.

Thanks to all for the QSOs and patience through the QRM. - Dick KB1H