[3830] Commonwealth VO1AU Open HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 14 19:16:11 EST 2005

                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest, CW

Call: VO1AU
Operator(s): VO1AU
Station: VO1AU

Class: Open HP
QTH: Newfoundland

Total:  821  Total Score = 7,645

Club: East Coast Canada Contest Club (ECCCC)

Comments:

Another great BERU.  I found conditions about as good as one might expect for
this point in the cycle, but there were some nice treats to be had.  I've never
heard so many VK6es!  Forty metres at the start was great to ZL and VK.  It was
a great thrill to work 9M6BG and two different 9M2s!  Z24S was another great
surprise, as was VP8NO.  ZL and VK activity seemed up from before, but I wish I
would work more of them - I need the bonuses!

I used EI5DI's SDC to log.  It worked quite well, but not without a few
unwelcome surprises that I'll mention to Paul separately.  Appearances to the
contrary, I was not using a bug to send CW.

Special thanks to the operators of VO1RAC, VE7RAC, GB5CC, VU2UR, ZL6A and
VK4WIA.  We need to hear more HQ stations on.