[3830] Rus DX K8AJS SO CW LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 20 08:09:01 EST 2005

                    Russian DX Contest

Call: K8AJS
Operator(s): K8AJS
Station: K8AJS

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: OH

  160:    2     2
   80:    2     2
   15:    3     3
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  257   117  Total Score = 179,595

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Conditions were bad at the beginning of the contest; I could hear Europe and
Russia right from the start, but I couldn't make them hear me with any
regularity until after about 1800Z. Low power doesn't have the "punch" to force
it's way through shaky propagation. I need to do some antenna work this
summer.

I was hoping for good things on the low bands, but 80 meters seemed
particularly
bad and I just couldn't make myself heard on the other side of the pond. Maybe
next time.

I originally planned to work the entire contest, but by 0600Z my body was saying
otherwise, and I shut it down and went to bed. I guess I'm just not in shape to
do even a whole 24 hour contest. Sheesh.

Rig: FT1000MP 100 watts
Antennas: Carolina Windom, 3-element quad at 65 feet
Software: WriteLog 10.50d